The Korean brand Samsung has finally announced its latest smartphone Galaxy S4.
The Galaxy S4 runs the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and either thrum from a 1.9GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 series processor, or from a 1.6GHz eight-core chipset, Samsung’s Exynos 5 Octa silicon.
The new handset sports a gorgeous 5-inch super HD AMOLED screen 1920×1080 pixels in resolution at around 441ppi pixel density.
The rear-facing camera has a 13-megapixel sensor with auto-focus and the capability to record 1080p video and there’s also a secondary front-facing camera at 2-megapixels.
the Samsung Galaxy S4 looks like a copy of the GS3, but taller. It has the same rounded edges and narrow physical home button as its predecessor it’s also a little lighter and thinner.
The Galaxy S4 will come with 2GB of RAM, and 16, 32, or 64GB of storage (plus a microSD slot if you want to add more). With a big 2,600mAh battery.
The S4 detects when users are looking at it and will pause a playing video if you look away and continue to play when you look back.
Air Gestures let you wave or wipe your whole hand in front of the screen to navigate browser tabs and scroll a web page or switch songs in a playlist. Steadily sliding your hand back and forth can advance photos in a gallery.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be launched in 155 countries globally, support both 3G and 4G, and get a release date at the end of April.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Specifications:
- Data: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; HSDPA, LTE
- Display: 5-inch FullHD (1080 x 1920 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Chipset: Exynos 5 Octa 5410
- CPU: Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
- RAM: 2GB
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Memory: 16/32/64 GB storage, microSD card slot up to 64GB
- Camera: 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Video camera: Full HD (1080p) video recording at 60fps,30fps, LED flash, dual-video rec; 2.1MP front facing camera, video-calls
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, EDR, LE, standard microUSB port with MHL features (TV Out, USB host), GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
- Battery: Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm , 130 g