Just after launching of Satio by Sony Ericsson, Samsung unveiled on its turn their first 12 MP camera phone with full touch screen Samsung Pixon 12 M8910, this latter will be on sale before Sony Ericsson’s Satio at the end of June in Europe.
The Pixon12 sports a 3.1-inch AMOLED touchscreen display that boasts a contrast ratio of 10,000:1 and a 12 Megapixel autofocus camera equipped with Xenon and power LED flash, 28mm wide angle lens, touch-focus and Smart Auto. The phone also features 150MB of internal memory, microSD slot, GSM/GRPS/EDGE, HSPA, GPS, FM radio with RDS and and Bluetooth 2.1.
With phone’s high-connectivity functions including Wi-Fi and HSUPA capabilities allows users to upload images and videos easily to popular social networking websites such as Facebook, Picasa, Flickr and MySpace. In addition, the phone can also record 720×480 pixel resolution video at 30 frames per second, and supports a wide variety of audio and video formats, such as MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DivX, and XviD.
The phone will be released at the end of June in Europe, and then it wil be expanded to other regions in August.
The Pixon 12 M8910 specifications:
* Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz UMTS 900/2100MHz
* Data: GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSPA/WiFi
* 3.1-inch AMOLED touchscreen display, 16 M colors, 10,000:1 contrast ratio.
* 12 megapixel camera autofocus with xenon flash and LED, 28mm wide lens, Face Detection, Digital zoom, Geo tagging and White balance.
* Video: 720×480, 30fps video record and playback
* 150 MB of internal memory, microSDHC card slot
* Battery: 1,000 mAh battery with 9.66 hours of Talk time and 626 hours (26 days) of Stand-by time
* Bluetooth with A2DP
* WiFi 802.11b/802.11g
* Size: 108mm x 53mm x 13.8mm
* Weight: 114 g
* Video formats support: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DivX and XviD