Sony Ericsson has announced the new mobie phone from its entertainment series., the Yari. This slider phone is the first mobile phone outside of Japanese market, which features gesture-controlled gaming. Many preloaded gesture games will be on board of Yari.
The Yari slider phone features a 2.4-inch TFT display with 240×320 pixels in resolution, 5.0 megapixel camera with autofocus and photo flash, special dedicated gaming keys, stereo speakers. Also the phone is equipped with A-GPS, music player and Bluetooth A2DP.
With Yari, there’s always a new game to play. In addition to gesture games, there is a mix of preloaded motion and standard games. Yari features a games carousel that allows you to access all your games from your Personal Computer and to browse downloadable content on PlayNow Arena. You can view content by category and choose to browse free or premium content, so no matter your preferences there’s one to suit you.
Yari will be available in selected markets from early Q4 2009 in the colours Achromatic Black and Cranberry White.
The Sony Ericsson’s Yari specifications:
* Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
* UMTS: 850/1900/2100MHz or 900/2100MHz
* Data: GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSPA
* Main screen: 2.4 inches 240 x 320 pixels (QVGA) and 262,144 colour TFT
* Camera: 5 megapixel autofocus with flash
* Phone memory: Up to 60 MB
* Memory card support: SanDisk microSD™ (1GB included)
* Gesture and motion gaming for action on and off the screen
* Bluetooth™ technology
* Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
* Music player
* Mega Bass™
* Music tones (MP3/AAC)
* Shake control
* Stereo speakers
* Talk time GSM/GPRS: Up to 10 hrs
* Standby time GSM/GPRS: Up to 450 hrs
* Talk time UMTS: Up to 4.5hrs
* Standby time UMTS: Up to 450hrs
* Size: 100 x 48 x 15.7 mm
* Weight: 115 grams