Reports about a future version of the iPhone are starting to show up, even though Apple itself has not even hinted that new hardware will be announced any time soon. The latest rumors says that the next version of the iPhone will have a faster wireless Internet, video capture and more.
Most reports suggest that the new iphone might support data transfer speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps.
Many have speculated that the next-gen iPhone will include video capabilities based on recent clues uncovered in the 3.0 software beta. The AT&T leak even points to the fabled Netbook which is still a thing rumor.
But speed isn’t all the new iPhone will be capable of. Here’s what we can expect this summer.
* New iPhone will be faster and have a more seamless experience unmatched by any device (could be just talking about 3.0, but we think it’s also a new iPhone)
* U-Verse iPhone application; will allow control of your home DVR (play, pause, rewind, etc.)
* The annual iPhone launch is “becoming a tradition”.
* Nothing official is being confirmed, but they said that people should prep for an exciting time this summer.
* AT&T is said to be working with Apple to create a unified product with an unparalleled experience across all their products and services.
* Apple’s 3.0 software should tell us where the iPhone platform is going?
* They said customers shouldn’t need to choose from AT&T’s high-end devices because of features, they should choose based on preferences. The gap in capability should be filled with the new iPhone. Ok, bets on slide out QWERTY, autofocus camera, video sharing, …?
* Seems like the higher speed HSDPA (7.2Mbps) is being hinted at too which should confirm the earlier rumors of the new Infineon chipset.
* The $99 3G netbook will start selling this summer, and the first one won’t be a Windows OS.
* New iPhone announcement around mid-June.
Rumors reports that these points are 100% confirmed.