VGA 0.3 MP
Today Google announced its second smartphone the Nexus S built by Samsung which is the first mobile phone to run Google’s Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.
The Nexus S features a 4 inch display with curved glass and a 5 megapixels high resolution autofocus camera with LED flash. The phone also has a VGA front camera and 5MP rear facing camera for video calling. It also has 16GB of internal memory. The Nexus S also supports NFC technology that allows users to interact with other objects, such as stickers or posters, that are embedded with NFC technology.
The Nexus S will be available in the United States starting on December 16 for $529 unlocked or $199 with a new two year T-Mobile contract. Carphone Warehouse will sell the Nexus S in the UK after December 20 for £549.95 unlocked.
Google Nexus S specs:
* Quad-band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
* Tri-band HSPA: 900, 2100, 1700
* HSPA type: HSDPA (7.2Mbps) HSUPA (5.76Mbps)
* 1GHz Cortex A8 (Hummingbird) processor
* Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
* 4.0″ WVGA (480×800) contour Display with curved glass screen super AMOLED
* 5 megapixels (2560×1920) Auto focus and Flash
* 16GB iNAND flash memory
* Wi-Fi 802.11 n/b/g
* Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
* Near Field Communication (NFC) Technology
* Assisted GPS
* microUSB 2.0
* Size: 63mm x 123.9mm x 10.88mm
* Weight: 129g
* Battery: 1500 mAH Lithum Ion
* Battery Life: Talk time up to 6.7 hours on 3G (14 hours on 2G) and Standby time up to 17.8 days on 3G (29.7 days on 2G)