600 MHz Cortex-A8
Motorola and Verizon Wireless officially announced the first handset that runs the latest Android 2.0 platform – the new Motorola DROID.
Motorola DROID features a 3.7 inch, 480 x 854 pixels capacitive touchscreen display, a 5.0 megapixel autofocus camera with dual-LED flash, 3G and WiFi data connectivity, 16GB of storage space and a lot of Google applications.
DROID is the first smartphone with new Google Maps Navigation service, providing a free turn-by-turn voice guidance. Use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device. The DROID also has a Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Android Market, Calendar, Amazon MP3 Store, and Verizon Wireless Visual Voice Mail.
The Motorola DROID will be released on November 6th for $199 after a $100 mail-in rebate on a two-year contract.
The Moto DROID specs:
• Band : CDMA 800/1900MHz
• Data : 1xRTT/EV-DO/WiFi
• Operating System : Android 2.0
• Processor : 550 MHz CPU
• Screen : 3.7 inch WVGA (480 x 854 pixels in resolution); PPI 267 touchscreen display
• Camera : 5mpx camera with 4x digital zoom, autofocus, image stabilization, dual LED flash and up to 24 fps; (720×480) resolution video capture
• Memory : 16 GB microSD pre-installed; supports up to 32 GB microSD expandable
• Keyboard : Full QWERTY side slide keyboard 13.7mm thick
• Conectivity: Wi-Fi b/g, Stereo Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
• Battery : 1400 mAh Li Ion battery with up to 270 hours. standby and 385 minutes talk time
• Dimensions : 2.4 x 4.6 x 0.5 inch; 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
• Weight : 169 g (6 oz.)
• Others : Accelerometer, aGPS and sGPS support, proximity and ambient light sensors USB 2.0 high speed with micro USB connector, 3.5 mm headset jack, Webkit HTML5 support, Flash 10 and Facebook integration